Monday, June 9, 2008

The BIG Garage Sale was....a BIG Bust

My Neighborhood Community Garage Sale was this past Saturday. I have never had my own garage sale but was excited to have the experience.

I remember when I was little selling lemonade for 10 cents at my parents garage sale but I was unaware of the amount of work that goes into pulling them off. Time consuming!

So I cleaned out my shed, my garage and all the closets throughout my house looking for would be treasures to add to my garage sale pile. Erica and my Mom donated items to the cause, which were much appreciated. I was happy to get rid of some clutter... I had a lot of college-era items and furniture to sell as well as some tainted items that belonged to the ex-fiance, which I had the unfortunate pleasure of having to look at once again.


I had high hopes for making some money from the stuff now cluttering up my garage...especially on "his" items since for almost two years the jerk lived off me and my finances. It would be nice to make a little money back at his expense....ok sorry...I digress.

I decided that all proceeds from my garage sale were going to go towards purchasing flowers and plants to landscape my yard. My yard is in desperate need of some color and new plant life.

Saturday morning rolled around and....I woke up to find what looked like a wall of rain...a crazy down pour ....and then it continued to rain...and rain...and rain. My Mom and Dad were visiting this weekend so they sat in the garage with me for about an hour waiting for the most brave and fearless garage-salers to venture out. A neighbor across the street was the only other sole on the block who was open for Garage Sale business...what a sad Neighborhood Garage Sale.

Well I had two customers and made $1.25.....end of Garage Sale 2008.


I may try to have another one considering all the items, are priced, organized and pushed to both sides of my garage. If not then hopefully next year will be better.

No comments: