Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Poison Ivy

I have Poison Ivy and it sucks. It is on my arms and on my face. Thankfully it was not too bad on my face and has pretty much cleared up but my arms are an itchy mess.

I have no clue where I got it but it is taking its time to go away. Anyone who has ever had poison ivy knows how uncomfortable it is and how annoying it is to itch all the time.

I have tried several different types of itch creams, Benedryl and my doctor prescribed this gel stuff that is slowly but surely helping.

I did learn though that poison ivy can't be spread by itching it. The only way to get poison ivy is by getting the poison ivy oil directly on your skin. Bottom line if you have poison ivy you aren't contagious.

Going forward all yard work done by me will involve a long sleeve tshirt, gloves and workout pants not capris that way I have no way of getting poison ivy again.

(I will spare all of you, an actual image of me with poison ivy.)

"finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. tomorrow is a new day. you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson

No comments: