Thursday, April 10, 2008

Don't Quit...easier said then done sometimes

I found this quote a few months ago and thought it was rather motivational. During the past year, also known as Hell Year 2007, I have found myself wanting to quit and give up on several occasions for a multitude of reasons. But I realized that if I did quit I would be in an even worse position then I currently was...so pressing on, fighting through the doubts and issues made me realize that no matter what I am doing or where I am at in my life, that things wont always go my way but one thing is for sure...things will always work out for the best, the way they were intended to end up and truly there is nothing one can do to change fate.

And I see now that everything really does happen for a reason and even though most of the time you cant see that reason for a few weeks, months or even years...eventually you get it, you see it and then you are thankful.

Life wont always be a bowl of cherries and it is ok to feel defeated, discouraged, disappointed and frustrated..but I have now learned it is how you handle yourself in those situations that will help you get up that mountain. And having a loving caring family and supportive friends doesn't hurt either!


"When things go wrong as they sometimes will
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, buy you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is weird with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out:

Don't give up though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out-
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems far:
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
-Author unknown

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh Megan, it is so great to hear you so full of life again! This is the Megan I used to know...the friend I have always loved and admired... As I read your blog, I smile because I can just picture that friend I met so many years ago...who lives life full of laughs and becomes a stronger woman each day!