Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quote of the Day

I have been feeling unsure and kind of negative about myself today... I have quotes scribbled on random sheets of paper and they are all tacked up above my desk. Depending on the day one or more of the quotes seem to really make sense. Today the following quote...definitely applies.

"We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."
- Roderick
Thorp

Love this quote and I think it has so much truth to it. More times then not I feel like I am my own worst critic too...judging myself in all aspects...my body, my looks, my job, my intelligence, my sense of humor, my personality....my everything....it is so easy to pick out the things I am not happy about in myself but so much harder to look at all the positive things that I do encompass.
Another thing I have learned over the past year, is that I can get enough criticism and negative thoughts from another person, even someone who claims they love and adore you, so you need not chime in with your own comments.

Who doesn't have imperfections...no one is perfect. Everyone has things about themselves that they wish they could change or improve upon. And some times those things we wish we could change are possible with a little hard work but other times it is a lot more difficult to change. The more I am down on myself about my imperfections the more imperfections I seem to find and then I am in an even worse mood (not to mention having a big, unattractive frown on my face).

It is always so hard to see the positive because being negative is so much easier and it takes less effort. I guess I should take the advice of "Roderick Throp" and stop being my own worst enemy.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Megan, I don't think you realize how much I enjoy reading your blog!! I always knew you had a talent for writing! I have not been able to read it for a few days...so I had to catch myself up. I am so glad to see that you are ready for your fresh new start! I know it will bring you amazing things. I miss you lots and hope to see you soon!