Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My 29th Birthday

29 Years Old...

What a year 28 was...a mixture of some really good experiences and pretty much the bottom of the barrel experiences...I must admit I am not sad to see it go. But best of all, looking back at the past year, I am happy to say that I got through all of those shitty moments when I thought things would never get better. I truly cant imagine where I would be right now if it wasn't for my amazing, supportive, patient, generous and loving parents and sister. They helped me get through so much . And of course I can't begin to say how much my friends' support, patience, kindness and love helped me too. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

Most people look at New Year's day as a fresh start to the year....I tend to think of my birthday in much the same way. Starting fresh and new...I have 365 new days to create another chapter in my life...I know this chapter will be filled with fantastic things that are to come my way during this year of being 29. And I am excited!

WOW....I can't believe I am celebrating my 29th birthday today. I have truly never felt older then 16! I absolutely love birthdays but I must admit I have mixed feelings about this birthday.
This birthday is the first birthday in my life where I have woken up in a house all by myself. I have always had my family, roommates and for the last four years Bill there...it was very weird nonetheless.

It is hard to believe this will be the last time I will celebrate a 20-something birthday. I remember crying when I turned 22 because there would be no more landmark birthdays but at the same time I remember thinking 30 seemed so far away. So many things have happened in 9 short years that I can hardly believe how much I have changed and grown in so many ways.

Next year I will be 30 and that freaks me out....ok I'm stopping now...and I am not going to think about it. Instead I am going to focus on celebrating being 29. So far the day has been chill and for the most part enjoyable. I hope the year to come is much the same. (But hopefully filled with a few surprises!)

"Success is NOT the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." -Albert Schweitzer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! And don't worry about the number. It's just that. You'll always be young at heart!