Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

As of 7/15/2008 I have owned my home for three years!!!

Wow...I can't believe I have been a home owner now for three years. I feel like just yesterday I was house hunting for the perfect first house. My poor Realtor, Jim, made the long five month journey with me and in the end he and I looked at about 50 homes before choosing my house.

Owning a home has not come with out some bumps in the road. It was very interesting...when I moved into my house Jim bought me a home warranty for one year (a thank you gift), I never really used it so I didn't renew it. Of course the minute I didn't renew the warranty, I had to replace the furnace/AC unit. And this unit is not your standard model...it is like the super fantastic version.

When shopping for the furnace/AC unit, which by the way I have no clue about, I looked to my then boyfriend Bill for advice and for the first time in my life didn't call my Dad to get his opinion. I thought calling my Dad would hurt Bill's feelings.

Of course Bill said oh we can pay this off with my bonus', no problem. Yea right...he barely helped to pay for the utilities he used every day or birthday gifts for his own family members. Definitely one of my biggest mistakes as now I have a very expensive furnace/AC unit and will continue to make a huge payment each month on it until it is paid off. Why I thought Bill would know anything about furnaces/AC units is beyond me. I guess there were a lot of things I trusted in him that I have found out were complete BS.

Then there was a hail storm and I had to get a new roof....luckily I just had to pay my deductible on that. And then the garage door decided it needed to break its springs and I had to pay to get new ones installed.

Luckily (knock on wood) nothing has gone wrong lately. Hopefully it will stay that way. I am looking forward to doing some painting soon in both my bedroom and my guest bedroom. Fixing up the house is so fun...just wish I had more of a disposable income to buy new stuff all the time!

I have never regretted buying my house and I cherish the fact that I was able to buy it all on my own.

I will upload photos soon of all the changes I have made.

"Home is the resort of live, of joy, of peace, and plenty; where supporting and supported, polished friends and dear relations mingle into bliss." - James Thomson

No comments: