Monday, July 28, 2008

Wonderful Wedding Weekend

This past weekend I went home to Fort Wayne for Nick and Malak's wedding. After many, many, many years of togetherness and dating they finally tied the knot. I could not be happier for them.

Kristen and Malak have been best friends for many years and Kristen and Nick have grown to be great friends too. She was very honored to be in and apart of their wedding. My parents and I were also very happy that we could witness this wonderful occasion. I mean just look at how happy I am in this photo (what is up with that cheesy smile?)....a couple glasses of wine may have also had something to do with my ridiculously huge grin too.

The ceremony took place at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. The church was beautiful and ornate with a marvelous mural painted on the ceiling. The Priest was exceptional and gave a beautiful sermon that spoke to everyone who was in attendance. The ceremony include many Greek Orthodox traditions that I find so intriguing, such as the crowns and walking around the table three times. Malak's wedding dress was beautiful and all of the bridesmaids wore classy black dresses and carried pink roses. (This was very reminiscent of Erica's wedding.)

The reception took place at the Downtown Hilton Hotel. It was such a fun wedding. Malak and Nick both have very fun families and it was great to see everyone having such a wonderful time. I thought one of the best parts of the wedding was that it was so rich with culture and tradition. The DJ played many ethnic songs to honor Malak's Jordanian heritage and her family was able to teach everyone else the dances that went along with the music. It was a great time.

I decided to forgo the bouquet toss but Kristen decided to participate and caught the bouquet. Apparently my little will be getting married before me.

Now the honeymoon begins and Malak and Nick are off on their European cruise. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Heiny!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." -1 Corinthians 13:4-7

1 comment:

McDermott Fam said...

You look so pretty Megan!