Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 Year High School Reunion

This past Saturday was my 10 year high school reunion. I can't believe it has been 10 years since I graduated from High School. Wow...that kind of makes me feel old. I dont want to get old....

The reunion was very small but I must thank those who worked to coordinate the event. It was an interesting time.

Hopefully at our 15 year reunion we will have a better turn out. I must not complain though as I did not volunteer my time to help with this one.

The photo above includes the following beauties: Christie (and one of her twin daughters, I think this is Addy), Jenn (who is having her first baby in December), Me (no kids or babies...at least at this point in my life) and Kerri (who is having her third but first baby girl in, February I think). Erica is missing from this photo...she decided not to come. All of us have been friends since we were in elementary school. It was great to see the girls! I have some other photos to share too.

I always enjoy going back home to Fort Wayne, I know it is not too far from Indy but I don't make it home as often as I should. It was a perfect day outside and the weather cooperated nicely. It was nice to see some old friends that I normally do not have a chance to see very often. It was also great to see some of my closer friends that unfortunately I don't get to see as often as I would like to either.

I was warned yesterday when I got my tetanus shot that I may get some flu like symptoms and feel yucky or not so great for the next couple of days. The nurse said I should probably be fine....I thought I would too as I do not have any issues when I get a flu shot each winter. Well unfortunately I woke up this morning feeling like total crap, my head is pounding, I have a fever and I can barely swallow.

I had a ton of meetings today so I couldn't stay home and I was hoping I would feel better as the day went on but I don't. I was reading online about effects of a tetanus shot, once I got to the percentage of people who die after getting the shot I forced myself to stop reading. I tend to be a bit dramatic at times but I don't even have enough energy to think about the possibility of dying from my tetanus shot all because I was trying to save that little dog.

So I am heading home to do nothing but rest this evening. It is times like this, that I really miss having a great guy to take care of me. Actually it is times like this that I miss my parents taking care of me, like they did when I was little. I have such awesome parents. Ok Im leaving now.

I am going to write more about the reunion later and add a couple other photos too.

1 comment:

McDermott Fam said...

I hope you feel better soon Megan!