Monday, August 25, 2008

Case of the Mondays

I have a lot of random thoughts in my head right now. So I will address all of them in my Monday 8/25 blog entry ....

Maybe I am so full of thoughts because it is Monday or maybe it is because I am looking to do anything but work right now......I really wish I could not be at work right now.... oh to be somewhere else...any place else would be more then fine. I wish I was on vacation right now.... laying out on a beach or sight-seeing in Greece or really just doing anything but being here at FINL.

Mondays....Ughhhhh
As soon as my alarm clock went off this morning, I was wishing I could fast forward the day a quick 16-17 hours and climb right back into bed. I am definitely feeling unmotivated and sluggish today. I just have such an issue with Mondays. I am not sure if it is just me and my hatred of Mondays or if maybe it me feeling antsy about where my life is right now....or the lack of knowledge on where it is my life is going....because truly I need a big change. I don't know.

Blogging Time-Out
It has been awhile since my last blog...I had a blah week last week and it mostly consisted of me vegging out on my couch after work because I felt so crappy. Weird thing to just lay on my couch so much lately....I never used to lay on my couch, Bill used to inhabit the couch for hours at a time so I couldn't really ever get much couch time of my own. I will admit for some odd reason I find myself sitting on the floor quite a bit too, not sure why, I guess I just got used to it during the "Years of Bill".

I had to take a time out from Blogging as I didn't feel in the mood to write. Like I mentioned earlier, I was sick for a couple days last week after getting a tetanus shot last Monday. And didn't feel compelled to write. You know...I hope that little dog found his owners or that someone adopted him. I went through a lot of crap for him.

But I think I am finally feeling myself again after a weekend of much needed rest.

Migraines
Anyone out there plagued with Migraines? I had my second migraine on Friday afternoon and into the evening. It was awful, I feel for anyone who has migraines on a regular basis...they are absolutely debilitating. I laid on my bed for several hours unable to sleep or move or be subjected to light and I have no idea what I did to initiate the migraine. Thankfully I felt a lot better Saturday morning.

Summer Flex Fridays
Last Friday was officially my last Friday off, unless I take PTO. It sucks, I really think Flex Fridays brought up our moral and also gave everyone in the office something to look forward too every other Friday. I didn't even mind working 10 hour days every other week...the Friday off was absolutely worth it. I am hoping the HR dept realizes how much Flex Fridays were enjoyed by all and they decided to continue them on. Do I think that will happen....not at all but I can dream right. Too bad my last Flex Friday was consumed with a migraine and overcast weather. Ok so I will stop being Debbie Downer now.

My Garage Sale
On a brighter note last Saturday was my make up garage sale day. Despite the ridiculously hot and humid weather I had a great turn out. I ended up making around $200.00 in a little under 8 hours. Another plus, my garage is looking pretty sweet and de-cluttered! I love organization and thanks to the many who stopped by my garage sale, I was able to get rid of a lot of stuff. Now I am just trying to get all of the left over junk to Goodwill or any other organization who will come to my house and pick the stuff up. All in all a great first garage sale!

Craig's List
Did I mention that I have become obsessed with Craig's List. I find myself looking through my house for things I don't use or need so that I can sell them. So far I have sold my old table and chairs but have a couple other things on the site at the moment. It is such a great place to get rid of stuff you don't need but to also enable yourself to make a little money....I have a few items that Bill left or that he just forgot about.... so I am hoping to get some money from those items. To be honest (and I am not a mean person) I wish I would have been in the mad stage when he moved his stuff out. I was so hurt when he did this to me a second time that I just wanted all of his stuff out of my house and out of my sight. Thinking back now, I wish I would have kept some of the good items to sell. Maybe I could have gotten 5% of what he used, took, selfishly absorbed from me back. I do not feel the least bit mean for selling his crap because to be honest technically he owes me like $15,000 from the free room, board, electricity and all the other stuff I gave selflessly to him...only for him to believe he deserved. So selfish! So really he is getting a bargain. If there was any way to sue him, I would but I have yet to find a way to do so.

The Circus
Today an email went out to the entire office, offering tickets to the Circus. I have an issue with the Circus and how they treat their animals. I remember going to the Circus when I was little and even then believing that it was mean to make these animals perform acts that do not come naturally to them. I really believe it is highly inhumane that they force wild animals to tour around the country and perform circus acts for hoards of people. Not to mention in their spare time they are tied and locked in small cages or crates until the next show.

Painting
I am taking a leap this weekend and going to get some stuff done around my house that I have been putting off. First up...painting my master bedroom. I am not the best painter and really it isn't as fun as I thought it was but I desperately want to add some color to my bedroom so I am forcing my self to paint over the long Labor Day weekend. I will be sure to add photos of my newly painted room as soon as I have completed this little project.

I have a million things to get done today so I will end the blog entry for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... that's a lot of disjointed topics...

I'm going to skip a lot of them... and just say I hate Mondays too and I blog even when i don't have anything to say... because more often than not once I start saying something I end up having somethign to say... know what I mean?